Sunday, February 24, 2008

You made me promises, promises

That song has been stuck in my head all weekend. Alrighty, so mine and bubba's first project is done. we screened it with andy warhol and he shit his pants. It's that amazing...i hope. This project was, for me, a relaxing process. Nothing high strung like omg is the lighting right, is the sound going to work? It was just a chance to chill and be as creative was one can exceed their limits to. Now that this project is complete it is time to look to the future because what matters is what hasn't been.

But backtrack a bit...last monday. That was tons of fun. My group and i kept a very linear narrative with a shocking twist (just when you thought it was safe for the children to watch). We had some camera difficulties and ultimatly had to switch to another camera. We tried our best to match everything has far as camera work goes so that there is continuity when we edit, which is sort of important. I really enjoyed working with the super 8 and i now aspire to be the first filmmaker to shoot a 3 hr epic on 8mm...and let my parents watch it because i don't think anyone else will. We'll see if i can't build up a fanbase first. One particle in this atom that is a stop-motion animated film that i'm looking foward to working with is sound. I'm hoping that we'll get to record our own sounds for the project versus hunting down sounds on the internet like its fresh meat in the middle of winter when i'm starving. Yea i roll deep with my similies. I'm also drinking an energy drink right now, so bare with me.

Lighting for the animation went smoothly and overall, again, this project was relaxing. Coming into this class i was really skeptical, but now i look foward to this class on mondays just because its an awesome way to start off the week, because it goes to shit by hump day. I really am learning a lot about experimental film and just creating in general. I think i can speak for both bubba and myself in saying that our confidence in experimenting has risen for the better. We both just sort of shrug and give each other the "we'll hope for the best" look when wondering about an approach for expressionism and i think that has helped the process more enjoyable. What's experimental about knowing how your finished product is going to look like? Yea...it's not. Until next time, this is Lucas Boger signing off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

come on crazy..I'll watch it too