Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ray, when someone asks if you're a god you say YES!

Ghostbusters might be my favorite comedy. I always begin blogs with a random line. Sometimes it can be a fact. Like the one just typed. Anyways, the 48 hour film festival is coming our way the 28th and ideas are being bounced around like a beachball at a nickelback concert (courtesy of 'hot rod'). If a filmmaker can't use film to make a film than what does the filmmaker use? Asked the woodchuck. Cell phones have cameras on them so that could be one source. I would imagine that using a camera phone might work best if you are trying to capture a "spontaneous" event. Like your friend is drunk and dancing like an idiot. I would digress from making a drama using the camera phone. Another possible way of creating a film without a camera would be a using stop motion with a digital camera. I really like when filmmakers use this for asthetic purposes because sometimes it can leave more to a persons imagination as to what the sounds are, what a person sounds like, its an almost haunting way of portaying people because they're characters that every person may develop differently in their heads. Time lapse can also play well when used appropriatly. Another way of creating a film without a film camera is with a scanner. This is the approach I would like to try. After watching Andre's short with him messing aruond with a scanner I thought that would be a challenge to create and get the look you want "printed" correctly. Webcams are another option. I personally don't use one, but I know a lot of people use them to communicate with family and friends if they are away. I have a few cousins that have them on their HP laptops so I guess they are built in now. That would be another option that would be fun because the computer would be the camera..meaning that if you wanted to turn the "camera" you would have to have the whole laptop to hold and turn so if you filmed a chase scene you would have to hold the laptop and run with it. That actually sounds pretty fun. haha.

No comments: